I would like to share a tea recipe that may be able to turn the tables on your cold or flu, it’s also good for sore throats.
The herb at the heart of this potion is none other than sage, the sacred plant that many burn routinely in their homes for its aromatic energy-clearing powers, also packs a serious wallop for colds, viruses and bacterial infections!
Sage has the magical properties of protection, wishes, wisdom, purification, stimulation, intuition, abundance and success, so adding even more power to this or any other recipe you use.
However, a warning:
Do not ingest if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Sage can lower blood sugar levels; do not ingest if you are diabetic.
Do not ingest if you have a hormone-sensitive condition.
Do not ingest if you are prone to seizures.
Sage Tea Recipe
1 Pint/550ml Water
6 Fresh Sage Leaves (Dry is ok too, but fresh is more potent!)
1 Tablespoon Honey (local if you can get some)
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
A pinch of Cayenne Pepper
1. In a teapot or saucepan, bring water to a boil.
2. Add the sage leaves and remove the teapot or saucepan from heat.
3. Let steep for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
5. Pour a cup full, breathe in the beautiful aroma, and enjoy two to three cups of sage tea per day.
A Kitchen Witch’s World of Magical Plants and Herbs by Rachel Patterson